We welcome you to use the following guide to view the transfer equivalencies ESU has established to date with numerous colleges, community colleges, and universities.
- Equivalencies are the most current to date, are evaluated on an on-going basis, and are subject to change. Equivalencies should be used as reference only.
- The Equivalency Guide is not a complete catalog listing. If your institution or course(s) are not listed, they will be evaluated at the time of admission review.
- Applicants receive an official transfer credit evaluation at the time of admission notification, or shortly thereafter.
- To search for a course equivalency, you must type the full institutional name (abbreviations such as LCCC, NCC, etc. are not recognized). Once you've selected your institution, a full, alphabetical list of all previously transferred courses is populated on the left, and the ESU equivalent will populate on the right. To narrow down your options, you can type at least a partial course number from the transferring institution (for example, if you are searching for a english course, but aren't sure of the full course number, you can type "ENG" and all course prefixes starting with ENG from that institution will populate).
to create your student account and obtain comprehensive transfer information about transferring to or from participating Pennsylvania colleges and universities.
Transfer Equivalency Course Code Guide
- If an exact ESU course match exists, the course number will reflect the ESU equivalent course.
- If there is no exact match, but the course transfers as an elective, the original course title from the sending institution will be retained.
- GE code: Course transfers as a General Education Subject Equivalent
- 199 code: General Education Elective in specified ESU academic department.
- 299-399 code: Department Elective, ESU academic department decides how the course is applied towards the major.
- ELEC 299 code: Transfers as elective credit; course that does not fit either General Education or major requirements.
Courses Not in the Equivalency Database
Indicates the course has not been evaluated to date, but still may be transferrable to ESU. In this situation, the course will be evaluated at the time of application review, provided that the Office of Admission has received an official transcript with final grades from the institution.
The Center for Enrollment Services will review the course for possible transfer credit, determine the equivalency, and inform the student of the Updated Transfer Credit Evaluation.
In general, most college-level credit from regionally accredited institutions will transfer to ESU. How the course applies towards general education requirements or towards the major will be determined by the academic department awarding the ESU degree.
How Credits Transfer
To see how credits transfer to ESU please visit How Credits Transfer.
Transfer Resource Quick Links
Academic Degrees: Search for degree requirements, required general education courses, or contact a faculty member.
General Education Requirement: View requirements for the ESU 50 credit Gen Edu Program required for graduation.
Graduation/Residency Requirements: ESU requirements for the Baccalaureate degree.
Transfer FAQ's: Answers to more transfer questions.
Undergraduate Catalog: Access the most current ESU catalog.
ESU A-Z: Search for additional information about ESU.