ESU ONLINE Winter Session--REGISTRATION begins November 1, 2012
December 17, 2012 - January 25, 2013
Announcing ESU Winter Session -- accelerated online study.
Only undergraduate ESU students may register for a Winter Session course.
Several courses will be offered, most are General Education (GE) designated and all of the courses are offered only online. Students may register for a maximum of 6 credits.
- Prior to registering, you must submit a $140 advanced registration deposit (refundable if class is cancelled) through your ESU portal:
- Under the Student Billing Options, click on the link for "Pay My Registration Deposit (for winter session)"
- Click on the "Deposits" Section
- Select Winter 2013 Registration Deposit
- Once you have paid your advanced registration deposit (online or in person) for Winter Session, you will be able to register online for classes (after a 30 minute waiting period).
- We encourage you to register by December 5, 2012. Early enrollment is encouraged since low enrolled sections will be canceled.
- Due to the intensive nature of online course work in an abbreviated time frame, students are limited to taking 6 credits during Winter Session.
- Because Winter Session is a "supplemental" semester, financial aid is not available for the 6-weeks Winter Session. You may enroll in a 3-month installment plan at https://tuitionpay.salliemae.com/esu.
General Online Course Information
Tuition Costs for a 3-credit course
| ||In State||Out of State|
Course Meeting Times - click here for schedule
During the Winter Session 2013 all coursework will be online. However, some online courses may have synchronous meeting times (which means that you must be online on certain days and times). Check the current schedule for details about individual courses.
ESU Email Account
Please check your ESU email account prior to the start of your course for information from your professor. All students who are registered for courses at ESU have been assigned an email account. To set up or access your student email go to your ESU portal at myesu.esu.edu
Online courses are run through a program called D2L. You can access D2L through your student portal at myesu.esu.edu. Login information is the same you use to access your email and your portal. For assistance with D2L, or ESU email, please visit Academic Computing.
Students registering for Distance Education (online courses) are required to have daily access to a PC or Mac using Microsoft 2000, Vista or Windows XP and a high speed internet connection.
At minimum, we suggest installing Word and PowerPoint reader (free from Microsoft). You also might need (depending on the course):
- Adobe reader
- Macromedia Flash or Shockwave
- Quicktime (needed for courses using Live Classroom)
- Java (also needed for courses using Live Classroom)
Browser (any of the following will work):
- Microsoft IE 5.0 or greater
- Netscape 6.2.x or greater
- AOL 7.0 or greater
- Mozilla 1.5 or greater