Thank you for registering for an online course. Below are some tips for getting started in your online course.
ESU Email Account
Please check your ESU email account at https://outlook.com/live.esu.edu prior to the start of your course for information from your professor. All students who are registered for courses at ESU have been assigned an email account. If you are a new ESU student, please follow the directions below to get your log on information.
Course Meeting Information
Please check your course listing at the distance education site for any details about on campus meetings as some professors will require a certain number of face-to-face meetings. If there is no information regarding meeting times then there should be no meetings for that course. You may email the course instructor (also found in the course listing) to verify this and clarify any other course information you may have questions about before you begin your course.
ESU uses Desire2Learn (D2L) for the majority of its online courses. You have been assigned one universal login for all accounts here at ESU, which includes your ESU email account and your D2L account. Please follow the steps below to ensure you are able to login to D2L prior to the start of your course. If your instructor has indicated that they are using Moodle for the course rather than D2L, the information below remains the same.
Current ESU Student
- You must change your password the first time you login.
- Go to the D2L site at https://esu.desire2learn.com (or, if your instructor is using Moodle, go to that site at http://esumoodle.esu.edu).
- Click on the “forgot your password” link to reset your password.
- It may take up to 5 minutes for your password to reset. Refresh the D2L log in page then use your new password to log in.
New ESU Student
- You will first need your student E-card number (the last 6 digits only) so that you can remotely set up your ESU email account. You can get this number by calling the ESU E-Card Center at (570) 422-2273 or (800) 556-8116.
- Once you have your E-card number, you can set your password at https://quantum.esu.edu/esubin/id/allstudents/id. Fill in the requested information and click the "Submit" button. Your Username will appear in the white box at the bottom of the screen.
Once you have created your password you should be able to access all of your accounts. Your new account will allow you to access the systems necessary to get started in your course. You may access those systems at:
Accessing Your Course
Once you login to D2L you should see your course listed. Click on it to enter the course. Please keep in mind that the course may not be available/accessible before the scheduled start date, but should definitely be available on and after that date. Please feel free to contact the instructor for specific instructions if you believe the course should be available, but you are not able to access it.
As an important reminder, your instructors and the university often send important information to your ESU email. Check your ESU email account daily so that you do not miss any critical information.