Student Support Services (SSS) works to improve academic performance, increase motivation, and enhance potential for success among college students who qualify for participation.
- To assist students so they remain in college and complete a degree with the highest possible GPA.
- To support students in acquiring basic academic skills in reading, writing, and mathematics and in applying skills to the content areas.
- To guide students in adjusting to the university environment and in developing personal, career, and educational goals.
The services offered to SSS Participants fall within three basic areas:
- Academic – Seminars/Workshops, tutoring support, academic advising, assessment of individual needs, and progress monitoring.
- Counseling – Professional and Peer counseling, Career counseling, Financial Aid information.
- Social/Cultural Enrichment – Opportunities and encouragement to participate in activities that serve to enhance the students' intellectual, cultural, social, and leadership development.
For More Information:
Program facilities are located in the Department of Academic Enrichment and Learning in Rosenkrans East, near the Learning Center.
We encourage you to contact us at (570) 422-3825 for further information about SSS.