The division of Student Affairs at East Stroudsburg University strives to be recognized for our continued support of student development by ensuring access to engaging, meaningful and transformative learning opportunities in preparation for membership in a global society.
The student affairs division facilitates and supports the educational mission of East Stroudsburg University by promoting a campus environment that is conducive to academic achievement, responsive to the needs of a diverse campus population, and which provides programs and services that enhance the learning and personal growth of students in an environment of equality, dignity and mutual respect.
To fulfill this mission, we seek to:
- Encourage the building of a respectful, peaceful, and inclusive community tolerant of cultural, ethnic, gender, physical, racial, sexual orientation, and religious differences by providing programs and services focusing on social equity, multiculturalism, and diversity.
- Provide opportunities for growth and social development of students through participation in extra-curricular and co-curricular involvement, work experience and community service activities, which foster the development of leadership skills and a values system that is reflective of an educated society.
- Promote a healthy lifestyle for the campus community by providing health, psychological counseling, food, athletic and recreational services designed to maximize the personal functioning as an individual or as part of a group.
- Student Affairs will promote the notion of sustainability by offering programs and services that aim to achieve climate neutrality through education, exposure to green values and attitudes, and most of all conscientious action.
- Offer programs, services, and experiences to enhance and promote student career development.
- Ensure that campus facilities (managed by the division) and residence halls are clean, affordable, competitive, safe, and secure.
- Promote community standards and an educational student conduct process that encourages student responsibility and accountability.
- Promote the effective use of human, financial, and physical resources to advance the University’s goal of excellence including collaborative efforts with constituencies internal and external to the University community.