Welcome to the Fall 2013 semester at ESU
Veteran Seminar/Workshop: March 11th 2014 1300-1500
'Pathway to Federal Employment'
- Location: 1337 East Fifth Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015
- To Register Please Email Angelica Bonisese @ 973-273-7712 or email@example.com
ESU Veteran Alumni Stories
About the Veterans Center:
- The ESU Student Veterans Center will be open daily Monday through Friday from 0800 until 1630, with extended hours until 1830 on Wednesdays.
- All Veterans are encouraged to use the Veterans Center and the resources available there. We have computers for use, space to do work, as well as some comfortable seats to watch the TV.
The Veteran Certifying Official is located at the ESU student Veterans Center in Zimbar Hall Room 160. The Certifying Official has the delegated authority to sign enrollment certifications, and other certification documents and reports relating to veterans and their dependents who are eligible for VA education benefits.
News of ESU Veterans Affairs Office: WFMZ 69 News., WNEP 16 News,
Veteran's Benefits: The Department of Veterans Affairs offer three programs for Veterans and service persons seeking assistance for education:
- The GI Bill
- Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (DEAP)
- Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
For detailed information on the Post 9/ll G.I. Bill click here.
Veterans should contact their local office of Veterans Affairs for further information. Other important scholarships information for veterans can be found by our sister organization know as Student Veterans of America.
- Apply for Benefits: Go to Department of Veterans Affairs or VA Benefits apply Chapter 30, 33, 1606 & 1607 - VA form 22-1990 Chapter 33 Dependent - VA Form 22-1990E Chapter 35 - VA Form 22-5490 Electronically attach DD-214 or NOBE to application when applying online Electronically attach any additional entitlement you may be eligible for (IE: Kicker, NOBE, College Fund)
- Print out the application along with a copy of your DD-214 or NOBE and bring to your VA briefing appointment. Contact June Pepe to set up an appointment to obtain information about chapter eligibility. Number is available in the contact section of this page.
National Guard and Reserve Benefits: Members of the National Guard and Reserve may be eligible for the Montgomery GI Bill (Active Duty) or (Selected Reserve). This is an education program that provides up to 36 months of benefits. Currently eligible members receive $345 per month for educational expenses. In addition, both the National Guard and Army reserve offer a student loan repayment program.
Eligibility is determined by the VA Office not East Stroudsburg University. If you are eligible to receive VA benefits, please contact our office to fill out the necessary paperwork.
Benefits Info in Details: