The primary commitment of OMA is to serve students and is implemented through a variety of programs, services, and strategic planning activities that are designed within the framework of the University: Act as a primary resource for all students to have an impact as a cultural community at East Stroudsburg University.
- Support the retention and graduation rates of students of color,
- Develop essential leadership, communication and other socials skills for students of color, and
- Enhance student awareness of diverse cultures and foster respect for cultural diversity
- Design and implement student learning initiatives that enable students to develop multicultural competence and knowledge while raising awareness of diverse cultures and foster respect for cultural diversity.
- Research and design a comprehensive assessment vehicle that will assess campus climate and cultural awareness.
- Work with affiliated student groups and organizations to facilitate cross-cultural interactions and initiatives in support of student learning and community networking.
- Enhance the social climate for the development of underrepresented groups.
- Support the retention and graduation rates of students of color.
- Create strong university, alumni, and external collaborations that will be in alignment with and support the academic mission.
- Increase technological capability within MCH facilities that will enable greater student use and increase overall satisfaction.