Conveniently located in the Flagler-Metzgar Building, the Health Center is a walk-in medical clinic where licensed and experienced Physicians and Registered Nurses are available to address the student’s health care needs. Many of the services provided are covered under the General Fee or offered to students at a nominal fee. Students are encouraged to have funds on their E-card to cover the costs of some elective services and some medications. No other form of payment is accepted.
Students are encouraged to allow ample time when accessing care at the Health Center and to arrive at least two hours before closing. Although generally students are evaluated and treated promptly, wait times can vary depending on the number of students waiting and the severity of illness
Students are recommended to have health and accident insurance to cover the cost of medical services not offered at the Health Center. Fees for any medical services provided away from the Health Center are the responsibility of the student such as prescription medications not available at the health center, diagnostic testing, emergency room visits, lab tests, X-rays, and referrals to other health care providers.
Services Available To All Commuter And On-Campus Students
- Medical evaluation/treatment for illness, and minor injuries, etc.
- Referrals to off-campus health care specialists and ESU support services
- Self-Care Center for those minor concerns that do not require a professional evaluation
- Many prescription medications if ordered by a health center medical provider
- Women's health
- TB testing
- Physical examinations for employment, drivers license and teacher's certification.
- Testing for sexual health concerns
- Health education and information about illnesses
Check out these links for some Helpful Health Resources!