Students Majoring in Mathematics, Science or Technology
The purpose of this program is to increase the number of highly qualified out-of-state students enrolled as mathematics, science, and technology majors, including math and science education.
For those students who qualify under the eligibility criteria and who maintain their eligibility the tuition shall be 150% of the rate charged to Pennsylvania residents. Students who do not qualify or who fail to maintain eligibility shall pay the regular out-of-state tuition rate: 250% of the rate charged to Pennsylvania residents.
In tuition dollar terms:
|Regular Out-of-State Tuition =
|Reduced Out-of-State Tuition =
**There are no cash transactions as part of this program. The amount of the reduced out-of-state tuition shall be adjusted whenever the Pennsylvania resident tuition is changed. Room, board, and other fees are not included in the reduced out-of-state tuition program.
Incoming out-of-state Freshmen and transfer students are eligible for the reduced out-of-state program if they are:
- United States citizens or permanent resident aliens who are not legal residents of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; AND
- Accepted into an approved program of study as defined by East Stroudsburg University; these include any degree program offered through the following academic departments:
- Biological Sciences
- Biology Teacher Certification
- Environmental Studies
- Marine Science
- Medical Technology
- Podiatric Medicine Transfer Program
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Chemistry Biotechnology
- Chemistry Teacher Certification
- Computer Science
- Computer Science
- Computer Security
- Mathematics (Applied)
- Mathematics Teacher Certification
- Earth and Space Science
- Earth and Space Science Teacher Certification
- Engineering Transfer Program
- Industrial Physics
- Physical Science
- Physics Teacher Certification
Such students must also meet the following academic criteria:
- Must rank in the top 25% of their graduating class OR have a high school GPA of 3.0 or higher in a college-preparatory curriculum; AND
- Must have a minimum combined SAT score of 1100 (Math & Crtitical Reading) OR a minimum ACT composite score of 24. Only test scores received by our application deadline will be considered.
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher at all prior institution(s) as re-calculated by the ESU Office of Admission; AND
- Must have a minimum of 30 transferable credits.
Eligibility is determined by the Office of Admission. Students will be notified following their offer of admission. In addition to any required registration and/or housing deposits, students who accept the offer of admission with reduced out-of-state tuition must sign a "Statement of Understanding" which details the terms of the reduced out-of-state tuition program.
For incoming freshmen, this reduced out-of-state tuition shall remain in effect for four years (eight semesters of enrollment) at East Stroudsburg University provided that the student meets the criteria listed below. For incoming transfer students, the number of semesters of eligibility for the reduced out-of-state tuition will be pro-rated based on the number of incoming transferable credits.
To be eligible for continuation for each subsequent academic year, recipients must:
- Be in good standing at the University; AND
- Complete at least twenty-four (24) credits in the previous two semesters (not including credits at other institutions or summer sessions); AND
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative quality point average at the end of each academic semester; AND
- Remain in an approved program of study as documented by the student's academic advisor and/or the Center for Enrollment Services. (Failure to maintain progress toward the declared eligible major or a change in major to a program outside the eligibility criteria for the reduced out-of-state tuition will result in an increase in tuition to the full out-of-state tuition rate).