Undergraduates, have you earned at least 85 credits? You should be thinking about graduation!
Please click here for the undergraduate graduation application. Prior to submitting your application; ensure all major/minor/concentration update request(s) have been completed.
Late submission of your graduation application may delay the graduation clearance process and subsequently your degree conferral. We cannot guarantee that your name will appear in the commencement program although every effort will be made to do so.
Your "Intent to Graduate" application initiates your graduation clearance process. The Graduation Services Team begins working with your department and college to review and finalize your degree requirements.
Students earning both a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degree (150 credits earned) must submit two separate applications, one for each degree program.
If you have questions about your double major/dual degree eligibility, contact your advisor or department chairperson as soon as possible.
Department approval is necessary in order to be eligible to participate in commencement, have your name printed in the program, and for the degree to be granted.
Federal Stafford Loan recipients must complete Financial Aid Exit Counseling prior to graduation.
Priority Deadlines to declare your Intent to Graduate for:
- Fall 2015 Graduation August 31st
- Winter 2016 Graduation is August 31st
- Spring 2016 Graduation is January 29th
- Summer 2016 Graduation May 30th
- Settle all holds and financial obligations with ESU’s Student Enrollment Center.
- Pick up graduation announcements and academic attire from the University Store during scheduled hours of operation. The University Store will be open on Friday, May 6, from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM for any last minute items that graduates and their guests need to purchase.
- Pick up graduation tickets, and honor cord from ESU’s Student Enrollment Center during scheduled hours of operation. (Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Friday 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM)
Attend the Commencement rehearsal
- College of Arts and Sciences & College of Education & University College
Friday, May 6, 2016
Time: 1:00 PM
- College of Business and Management & College of Health Sciences
Friday, May 6, 2016
Time: 2:30 PM
Checking Your Degree Progress
The degree audit outlines all of the program and university requirements for graduation. You can access your degree audit through the myESU portal. Please review your degree audit periodically to ensure that you are on track to meet all degree requirements by your intent to graduate date.
If you submit an Intent to Graduate application but will need to move your date to complete a requirement, please email the Graduation Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know when you will complete all of your requirements.
Loan Exit Counseling Requirement
Are you graduating this semester? If so and you have borrowed a federal loan (Stafford, Direct Student, and/or GradPLUS) you must complete loan exit counseling at https://studentloans.gov in order to receive your diploma.
Please make sure your mailing address is correct before the end of final exams. Addresses can be updated on the myESU portal. Delivery of your diploma or any other important information is dependent upon correct mailing information. Your diploma must be mailed to an appropriate “street” address. Mailing is done through US postal mail. If diploma is being delivered to a PO Box address, please check with your postal service for delivery procedures.
- You have the option of using eShipGlobal Company at http://study.eshipglobal.com if you need to have your diploma mailed outside of the continental United States.
- If you must or prefer to pick up your diploma due to any mailing problems, you must present photo identification to have your diploma released. Please let us know prior to May 2, 2016.
- If you have any holds on your account, your transcript and diploma will NOT be released. Holds are posted to the myESU portal. Questions can be directed to the billing office at (570) 422-2804.
- Please notify the Graduation Services Team at (570) 422-2815 or email@example.com when this hold has been cleared.