Attention students and faculty participating in Commencement!
At the Graduation Festival, prospective graduates will be given an index card with their name as the student indicated on their intent to graduation application to appear on their diploma. This card will be handed to the announcer as the student receives their diploma. If your name is difficult to pronounce, please print it phonetically on the card. Be sure to bring the name card to the commencement ceremony, in order to have your name read as you cross the stage
Participation in the commencement ceremony does not constitute verification of graduation. A student must satisfactorily complete all requirement before a degree is awarded.
Cap and Gown
Each participant must be dressed in academic attire; gown and a matching cap.
Academic attire for undergraduate students must be purchased through The University Bookstore. The cap should be worn flat on the top of the head, with the top of the cap parallel to the floor. The tassel should hang on the right side of the cap.
If you are unable to come to the campus in person, you may have your academic attire shipped to you for a fee. The attire will be yours to keep.
Contact the University Bookstore for more information at (570) 422-2665 or contact the store by e-mail http://esu.bncollege.com.
There will be no extra attire at the ceremony. The robe should be pressed.
Click here for directions to ESU. Once you arrive on campus, proceed straight on Normal Street through two stop signs. Koehler Fieldhouse is located on your right, on the corner of Normal and Smith streets.
Parking, Special Assistance and Seating
- Campus police officers will direct vehicles to park in campus parking lots based on availability.
- Parking for those with disabilities is available directly behind Koehler Fieldhouse.
- A disability seating area is available for individuals in wheelchairs plus one guest who will assist/remain with them throughout the ceremony.
- Disability seating is on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved. A university representative will be in the arena to assist you.
- A sign language interpreter is available for the ceremony. To request an interpreter, visit Diversity & Equal Opportunity