Attention students and faculty participating in Commencement!
At the Graduation Festival, prospective graduates will be given an index card with their name as it will appear on the diploma. If the name is difficult to pronounce, print it phonetically on the card. Be sure to bring the name card to the commencement ceremony, in order to have your name read as you cross the stage.
Participation in the commencement ceremony does not constitute verification of graduation. A student must satisfactorily complete all requirement before a degree is awarded.
Cap and Gown
Each participant must be attired in an academic gown and a matching cap.
Academic attire for undergraduate students must be purchased through The University Store.
If you are unable to get on campus, the attire may be shipped for a fee. The attire is yours to keep.
You can phone The University Store for information at (570) 422-2665 or contact the store by e-mail
There will be no extra attire at the ceremony. The robe should be pressed.
The cap should be worn flat on the top of the head, with the top of the cap parallel to the floor. The tassel should hang on the right side of the cap.
Click here for directions to ESU. Once you arrive on campus, proceed straight on Normal Street through two stop signs. Koehler Fieldhouse is located on your right, on the corner of Normal and Smith streets.
Parking, Special Assistance and Seating
- Campus police officers will direct vehicles to park in campus parking lots based on availability.
- Parking for those with disabilities is available directly behind Koehler Fieldhouse.
- A disability seating area is available for individuals in wheelchairs plus one guest who will assist/remain with them throughout the ceremony.
- Disability seating is on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved. A university representative will be in the arena to assist you.
- A sign language interpreter is available for the ceremony. To request an interpreter, visit Diversity & Equal Opportunity