- Procedure Title: Emergency Loans
- Policy Number: ESU-ENM-2011-001
- Effective Date: May 22, 2009
- Review Date: March 13, 2013
- Division: Enrollment Management
- Responsible Office: Student Enrollment Center
How to obtain a Emergency Loan based on available student's financial aid.
- Student inquires about obtaining an emergency loan at the Student Enrollment Center.
- Student Enrollment Center Representative verifies that financial aid funds are available to be used for an emergency loan. These funds are in essence an advance of an anticipated refund.
- If financial aid funds are available, the student completes a promissory note.
- Student Enrollment Center will manually issue a check to the student for the loan value.
- The outstanding loan is then posted to the revenue account under a separate area.
- Emergency loans do appear on the billing statements when printed.
- When financial aid is disbursed, the proceeds will cover the emergency loans or students will be expected to repay the difference.
Promissory note for loan available at the Student Enrollment Center.
Other Related Information: