College Central Network (CCN) is our online jobs board posted specifically for ESU students and alumni. This lists the opportunities locally, statewide and nationwide. It includes a career events calendar, job search database and the ability to create job agents that are emailed to you based on your criteria. Gaining access to CCN is free.
Another great resource is MonsterCollege. MonsterCollege™ helps recent grads and college students find their first career. Whether graduates pursue careers in government, non-profits, service vocations, start-ups, or the corporate sphere – MonsterCollege™ will help you navigate the job-hunting process.
Search thousands of student internships and jobs for graduates on LinkedIn.
How to Apply for Federal Jobs with Michael Frederick Certified Federal Career Counselor. Learn the 10 steps to getting a federal job including how to navigate the federal jobs application process and what to present in a federal resume.
The Top 75 Websites for Your Career
Career Fairs and Career Panels
Employer Presentations are a great way for current students and alumni to find out more about an organization in an informal atmosphere from someone who works at the company. Check out our events calendar or view in the Career Events section of CCN for more details.
View the 2013 Career Fair video and hear what employers are looking for.
Please contact your Department Chair or Internship coordinator for internship qualifications and expectations in your major.
An internship provides real world experiences in a particular field or industry. It is designed to enhance your academic, personal and professional development and will help you in making a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of work.
Benefits of an Internship:
- Gain a competitive edge in the job market
- Opportunity to integrate your talents and classroom knowledge in the workplace
- Chance to “test-drive” your career interests and clarify your goals
- Helps to build your self-confidence
- Make valuable contacts in your field
How to Participate in the Internship Program
- Schedule an appointment with the Career Development & Student Success Center or your Faculty Advisor to discuss your options.
- Prepare a great resume, cover letter, and develop interviewing skills by attending an interview training workshop or by practicing your interview skills with InterviewStream
- Register in the College Central Network (CCN) database that gives you access to all internships and jobs posted for ESU students and alumni.
- Prepare an internship proposal and review it with your faculty advisor
Internships are a great way to try out a career field, enhance your résumé with practical experience and make professional contacts. Internships also help you become socialized in the world of work. More and more employers are seeking internship experience when hiring candidates for employment. View our internship workshop on line and learn more about why internships are such an important step toward your future career.