Graduate College Workshop, October 10, 2012 5:00 Kemp Library
Resume Writing Workshop, October 18, 2012 3:00
Nursing Career Fair, November 15th 2012, Keystone Room
Job Fair Guidelines
- Professional appearance is a must! Look your best in terms of dress and personal grooming
- Take 10–25 resumes with you. If a list of employer participants is available beforehand, modify your number in terms of how many employers you plan to see
- Get the employer rep's business card and any company literature that is available
- You might have as little as five minutes to talk with the recruiter – listen carefully and take notes afterward to aid your memory
- Most importantly – within one to two weeks, send a personalized thank you note which summarizes key points you discussed and asks for a formal job interview
- Visit the Career Resources Center for assistance, as you need it!
A job fair is a proAessional event. Be sure to dress as professionally as you would for an interview, and be sure a counselor has critiqued your resume before handing it in to a company representative.