Attend the SUCCESS SERIES Workshops to gain an competitive edge on your competition. Those who attend 5 workshops will receive a certificate of completion which can be used as a co-curricular activity on your transcript. Also, you will be entered into a drawing for a gift certificate from Brooks Brothers.
HOW TO BUILD A POWERFUL RESUME* Workshop, October 1, 2013 6:00 PM- Stroud 220
Learn the skills of building an effective and marketable resume that will get you noticed and put you above the competition,
HOW TO ACE THE INTERVIEW* Workshop, October 8, 2013 2:00 PM - Stroud 220
Learn Interviewing etiquette, how to answer those tough questions and plenty of "Do's and Do Nots"!
NETWORKING: WHY IT"S CRITICAL* Workshop, October 24, 2013 2:00 PM - Stroud 220
It's not WHAT you know; its not only WHO you know, but rather - WHO KNOWS YOU! This workshop will highlight how to network face to face, and briefly touch upon networking in social media.
LINKEDIN: THE BASICS* Workshop, October 29, 2013 2:00 PM - Stroud 220
There's a reason 225 million people use LinkedIn. Learn what it's all about, how it can help you, and how to use it properly and effectively to enhance your professional network.
CAREER SKILLS YOU NEED TO SUCCEED** Workshop, November 7, 2:00 PM - Stroud 220
Help build your reputation as a true professional in order to reach your full career potential. Learn and develop the workplace skills that every employer wants!
CAREER ADVICE TO COLLEGE STUDENTS: TIPS FROM TOP RECRUITERS* Workshop, November 12, 2013 6:00 PM - Stroud 220
Recruiters on average spend 6 seconds on a resume. Yes! You read it right, only 6 seconds! Join Career Development and our guest corporate recruiters for an informative session on what recruiters look for when screening candidates, and how to "catch their eye".
BIOLOGY, TECHNOLOGY and HEALTH SCIENCES CAREER/INTERNSHIP EXPO October 15, 2013 Keystone
Job Fair Guidelines
- Professional appearance is a must! Look your best in terms of dress and personal grooming
- Take 10–25 resumes with you. If a list of employer participants is available beforehand, modify your number in terms of how many employers you plan to see
- Get the employer rep's business card and any company literature that is available
- You might have as little as five minutes to talk with the recruiter – listen carefully and take notes afterward to aid your memory
- Most importantly – within one to two weeks, send a personalized thank you note which summarizes key points you discussed and asks for a formal job interview
- Visit the Career Resources Center for assistance, as you need it!
A job fair is a professional event. Be sure to dress as professionally as you would for an interview, and be sure a Career Development counselor has critiqued your resume before handing it in to a company representative.