The purpose of an FDR Major Grant (or an FPDC grant from PASSHE when available) is to encourage professional development among ESU and PASSHE faculty as teachers and scholars. Major Grants provide the highest amount of funding dollars in the Provost-sponsored FDR program and thus applications must demonstrate considerable thought and research.
All applications for Major Grant funding must fit into one of the following categories:
- Faculty or Faculty/Student Research
- Faculty/Student Public Service
- Creative or Performing Arts
- Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
- Individual Career Enhancement
The following form must be completed, including signatures from Department Chairs and Deans and submitted along with the application below.
2011/2012 Major Grant Program General Information & Guidelines
2011/2012 Major RFP FPDC Title Page and Budget
Please note these additional points.
- Maximum funding is $7,000.
- Campus deadline for proposal submissions for the FDR review committee is Friday, February 1, 2013.
- A hard copy of the guidelines may be requested by contacting the Office of Sponsored Projects & Research by e-mail or by phone at 570 422-7920.
- If additional information is needed, please contact Dr. Paula Parker, FDR Committee Chair, or visit the PASSHE web site.
- The PASSHE Faculty Professional Development Council (FPDC) Annual Grant Program was established "to encourage continuous attention to the professional growth and development of PASSHE faculty as teaching scholars." (Board of Governors' Policy 1985-06-A)
- The FDR committee has local funds to support Major Grants.
- See guidelines for additional information.