The Business Accelerator Program was launched in December 2001 with the goal of encouraging economic development, building a diversified business base, and increasing family-sustaining job opportunities in northeastern Pennsylvania.
To provide an entrepreneurial environment that supports business start-ups, encourages innovation and enhances the economic vitality of the region.
- Grow new companies
- Develop entrepreneurs
- Cultivate business networking opportunities
- Create life-sustaining jobs
- Encourage capital investment
- The Business Accelerator Program provides comprehensive services designed to help facilitate entrepreneurship and small business development. The program provides a network of managerial and technical support, affordable office space, and an entrepreneurial environment that encourages innovation and minimizes risks.
- The businesses selected to participate in the Program should have a connection to the university and its academic mission.
- Wet-labs are available to biotechnology, advanced chemistry and other appropriate technology companies. Business offices are available for start-up companies.
- Businesses typically participate in the Business Accelerator Program for 3-5 years at which time assistance is provided to locate graduation sites.
- The Business Accelerator is a "temporary home" that provides resources and assistance to early stage companies during their critical development periods.
Contact: Carter McClure, Manager, (570) 422-7953