The Business Accelerator Program was launched in December 2001 with the goal of encouraging economic development, building a diversified business base, and increasing family-sustaining job opportunities in northeastern Pennsylvania.
To provide an entrepreneurial environment that supports business start-ups, encourages innovation and enhances the economic vitality of the region.
- Grow new companies
- Develop entrepreneurs
- Cultivate business networking opportunities
- Create life-sustaining jobs
- Encourage capital investment
- The Business Accelerator Program provides comprehensive services designed to help facilitate entrepreneurship and small business development. The program provides a network of managerial and technical support, affordable office space, and an entrepreneurial environment that encourages innovation and minimizes risks.
- The businesses selected to participate in the Program should have a connection to the university and its academic mission.
- Wet-labs are available to biotechnology, advanced chemistry and other appropriate technology companies. Business offices are available for start-up companies.
- Businesses typically participate in the Business Accelerator Program for 3-5 years at which time assistance is provided to locate graduation sites.
- The Business Accelerator is a "temporary home" that provides resources and assistance to early stage companies during their critical development periods.
For more information contact Mike Gildea, Director, Business Accelerator and Entrepreneurship, East Stroudsburg University, 570-422-7953, firstname.lastname@example.org.