The primary purpose of an academic review is to examine, assess, and strengthen programs.
The review is intended to:
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses, and thus, determine future priorities
- Develop strategies to build upon strengths and improve deficiencies
- Assist in determining a program's ability to respond to future challenges and opportunities
- Aid in shaping the program's plan for the future
Academic programs not subject to specialized accreditation are required by PA State System of Higher Education Board of Governor Policy to conduct a full program review at least every five years.
- ESU Programs Up for Five Year Review: 2011-2012
- Board of Governor's Policy 1986-04-A: Program Review
- Administrative Procedure for Board of Governors' Policy 1986-04-A: Program Review
The Program Self Study Should:
- Tell the Story of the Program addressing the key points as put forth by the administrative procedure.
- Provide an analysis of the data provided by Institutional Research. Explain what the data means in a narrative format.
- Present the program in the framework of ESU's Five Year Strategic Plan: 2010-2015 Inspiring Leadership and Service and PASSHE's Strategic Initiatives.
- Review Compliance to PASSHE Board of Governors Policy 1990-06-A: Academic Degrees. The undergraduate credit and residency requirements were summarized in a Spring 2011 University Meeting Handout.
- Address program Outcomes using the current PASSHE Performance Indicators as guidance on what to address.
- Present a summary of Student Learning Outcomes Assessment efforts and changes made as a result of those efforts. PASSHE BOG Policy 1997-01: Assessing Student Learning Outcomes set this requirement. A summarization of the program's assessment plan and annual reports should be provided.
Program Review Share Point Link
If you are experiencing trouble accessing the Program Review Share Point site, you can download and install the Firefox browser.