Who is a Transfer Applicant
An ESU Transfer applicant is a person who has successfully completed 12 or more college credits following high school graduation. Individuals who have successfully completed fewer than 12 credits following graduation from high school are considered freshmen in the application process.
Interested in ESU?
Visit ESU to find out why over 900 students transfer each year! Attend a transfer info session, open house, tour campus or schedule a one-on-one appointment with a transfer counselor. Check out your Transfer Visit opportunities and experience ESyou!
Application Priority Deadline Dates:
- Fall 2015: June 15
- Spring 2016: November 15
(We encourage you to apply early in the semester prior to your intended enrollment at ESU. Applications received after the priority deadline date will be considered on a space-available basis)
How to Apply:
- Submit a completed online application form.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of $25
- Submit official transcripts from all college or post-secondary institutions currently and previously attended. (transcripts from foreign institution must be translated by an approved evaluation agency. (See How Credits Transfer)
- Submit your official high school transcript with graduation date, or official GED score report from the state of issue as proof of graduation or equivalent. (not required if transferring with a conferred associate or bachelor's degree).
*It is the applicant's responsibility to supply the Office of Admission with the necessary documents (application form; fee; official transcripts) to complete their application. The Office of Admission reserves the right to withdraw an application if the required information to complete the file is not received by the respective deadline date.
Mailing Address: Send official transcripts directly from the sending institution to:
East Stroudsburg University
Office of Admission
200 Prospect Street
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
Transfer Admission Criteria:
- Applicants must have 12 or more college credits and a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA (based on a 4.0 scale) for admission consideration.
- Applicants with fewer than 12 college credits are considered freshmen in the application process, and will be evaluated using a combination of official college GPA, high school record, and SAT/ACT scores for admission consideration.
- The following academic programs have higher admission criteria.
Please Note: A combined GPA is calculated for applicants who have completed credits at multiple institutions. Applicants must maintain the minimum GPA of a 2.0 on the final official college transcript. Applicants not offered admission to their first choice academic program will have an opportunity to choose another academic program.
- Computer Science/Computer Security
- Hotel, Restaurant, & Tourism Management
- Nursing (fall admission only)
- RN-BSN (Offered at ESU Lehigh Valley Site)
- Recreation Services Management
- Rehabilitative Services
- Speech Language Pathology
- Sport Management