Who is a Transfer Applicant
Students who have attended any post-secondary institution after high school graduation are considered transfer applicants, regardless of the number of credits attempted or earned.
Interested in ESU?
Visit ESU to find out why over 900 students transfer each year! Attend a transfer info session, open house, tour campus or schedule a one-on-one appointment with a transfer counselor. Check out your Transfer Visit opportunities and experience ESyou!
Application Priority Deadline Dates:
- Fall 2014: July 1
- Spring 2015: November 15
(We encourage you to apply early in the semester prior to your intended enrollment at ESU. Applications received after the priority deadline date will be considered on a space-available basis)
How to Apply:
- Submit a completed online application form.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of $45
- Submit official transcripts from all college or post-secondary institutions currently and previously attended. (transcripts from foreign institution must be translated by an approved evaluation agency. See Transfer Evaluation)
- Submit your final high school transcript with graduation date, or GED test results from the state of issue as proof of graduation. (If you will transfer with an earned Associate or Bachelor degree your high school/GED results are not required).
*It is the applicant's responsibility to supply the Office of Admission with the necessary documents (application form; fee; official transcripts) to complete their application. The Office of Admission reserves the right to withdraw an application if the required information to complete the file is not received by the respective deadline date.
Mail Address: Official transcripts must be mailed directly from the sending institution to:
Office of Admission
East Stroudsburg University
200 Prospect Street
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
Transfer Admission Criteria:
- Transfer applicants must have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA (based on a 4.0 scale), 12 college-level credits, and must be in good academic standing for admission consideration. Applicants with less than 12 college-level credits will be evaluated using a combination of official college GPA, high school record, and SAT/ACT scores for admission consideration. The following academic programs have higher admission criteria Admission to Special Programs.
- Computer Science/Computer Security
- Hotel, Restaurant, & Tourism Management
- Nursing (Fall Admission)
- Recreation & Leisure Services Management
- Rehabilitative Services
- Speech Language Pathology
- Sport Management
- Teacher Certification Programs
- Please Note: A combined GPA is calculated for applicants who have completed credits at multiple institutions. Applicants must maintain the minimum GPA of a 2.00 on the final official college transcript. Applicants not offered admission to a 'Special Admission Program' will have an opportunity to choose another major.
Notification of Admission:
Transfer applicants are typically notified within three weeks of a completed application file, but no sooner than October 1st for spring and February 1st for fall admission.
Accepted Students intending to enroll:
Must submit a non-refundable $300.00 Enrollment Deposit (ED) to confirm their intention to enroll to ESU. The ED is deducted from the first semester tuition and campus housing costs. Once the deposit is submitted, you will receive access to your ESU email account, learn how to log into the "myESU" portal and view information on contacting your adviser for course registration, new student orientation dates, view announcements, and obtain information from other ESU offices.