Academic Passport is your guaranteed admission to East Stroudsburg University (ESU). The Academic Passport program is designed to facilitate the transfer of students from Pennsylvania community colleges, Lackawanna College, and to support the transfer of undergraduate credits earned at other Pennsylvania State System Universities.
Academic Passport Eligibility
Students who have earned an Associate in Arts (AA) or an Associate in Science (AS) degree from one of the following community colleges, with a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA, and at least 30 credits of liberal arts/science coursework or students from a Pennsylvania State System University who have completed at least 12 college-level credits and an earned 2.0 cumulative GPA will be granted the Academic Passport to ESU.
- All Pensylvania State System Universities
- Bucks County Community College
- Butler County Community College
- Community College of Allegheny County
- Community College of Beaver County
- Community College of Philadelphia
- Delaware County Community College
- Harrisburg Area Community College
- Lackawanna College
- Lehigh Carbon Community College
- Luzerne County Community College
- Montgomery County Community College
- Northampton Community College
- Pennsylvania Highlands Community College
- Reading Area Community College
- Westmoreland County Community College
Academic Passport Program Guidelines
Students who meet the established criteria will be granted an Academic Passport, which will guarantee admission to ESU and the fullest consideration of transfer credits.
The Academic Passport does not guarantee admission into academic programs that have higher academic admission criteria or certain limited enrollment programs. For more information about these specific academic programs, please visit Transfer Admission Criteria.
With an Associate degree, a maximum of 45 credits of general education/liberal arts will be applied to meet lower division university general education requirements. Your remaining college-level credits will be applied to the major or as elective credit. Vocational, technical, developmental and career courses will not be used to satisfy general education requirements. A course by course match will not be required.
Developmental [remedial] courses and those of a specific vocational, technical, occupational, office administrative, or theological nature are usually not considered transferable.
“C-" and "D" grades will transfer only if the overall GPA from each institution attended is 2.0 or better. Certain academic programs at East Stroudsburg University may require the student to repeat certain courses in which a "D" grade was earned.
A grade of "C" in English Composition (ENGL 103), or the equivalent transferable credit is required to meet ESU graduation requirements.
A Transfer Credit Evaluation shall be sent to each applicant within 5 to 7 days from the offer of admission.
Pennsylvania Transfer and Articulation Center (PATRAC)
East Stroudsburg University is a participating institution of the Pennsylvania Transfer and Articulation Center (PATRAC). PATRAC was established as a one-stop shop for transfer students, academic advisors/faculty, and administrators to provide current and accurate information and resources about course transferability and the college transfer process.
Students interested in transferring to East Stroudsburg University (ESU) can access the following PATRAC resources to help facilitate a smooth transition from their current college to ESU.
30-Credit Transfer Framework - Students who successfully complete courses from the approved Transfer Credit Framework will have their credits transferred and counted toward graduation at ESU.
Statewide Program-to-Program (P2P) Agreements – Students who graduate with specified associate degrees will transfer as juniors to ESU. P2P serves as pathways from the community college to an ESU degree and will minimize loss of transfer credit.
- Course Equivalency Databases - see how your courses will transfer to ESU.
- Create a PATRAC Account – Track your transfer credit, and your transfer progress to ESU.
- Transfer Guidance – tools to help assist you in your transfer planning to ESU.
- Transfer Counselor Recruitment Calendar – Meet up with an ESU transfer counselor.