CMS Login

State System, APSCUF Reach Tentative Agreement, Strike Ends

Late Friday afternoon, we received an announcement that the strike between the faculty union (APSCUF) and the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education has been settled. Faculty members will return to work effective midnight tonight. For students that have regularly scheduled classes this weekend, report as scheduled. All other students should follow their class schedules starting Monday, October 24.

Non–Matriculation Policy

Image Caption

Typically, non-degree students are those who wish to take courses for personal enrichment or to improve their academic standing before gaining admission as a degree-seeking student. A non-degree student is permitted to take courses at ESU, but is not admitted to any degree-granting program.

Others who may be considered for non-degree status are:

  • Students enrolled in degree programs at other universities who wish to earn credit to transfer to their home institution;
  • Applicants who have been denied admission as degree-seeking students and who wish to improve their academic standing;
  • Eligible senior citizens (see "Senior Citizens"); and
  • High school students who wish to enroll for courses while attending high school (see "Dual Enrollment").

Individuals who are interested in applying as non-degree students must complete a Non-Degree application found at

**If you have a bachelor's degree and wish to take graduate courses on a part-time, non-degree basis, please do not complete this application. Contact the Graduate School at (570) 422-3536 for information about graduate courses. The Graduate School is located in Zimbar-Liljenstein Hall Room #154.

Housing is not available on-campus for special (non-degree) students. Contact the Office of Residence Life and Housing at (570) 422-3460 for information regarding off-campus housing. The office is located on the first floor of the Shawnee Hall.

Non-degree students are not eligible for any financial aid including veteran's benefits. If you have questions concerning financial aid, contact the Center for Enrollment Services (570) 422-2800. The Financial Aid Office is located in the Center for Enrollment Services at Zimbar-Lijenstein Hall.