- Spring 2016: November 1
- Fall 2016: May 1
Applications for the Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 semesters will be available starting August 25th.
**International students should apply early to ensure sufficient time for document preparation and visa processing.
Applicants who are not United States citizens or permanent resident aliens must apply using the International Students Application.
- Apply Online and send all required documents to the Office of Admissions by the deadline.
- Download an Application along with supplemental documents and mail them to the Office of Admissions by the deadline (To Download Application please click on links):
A Completed Application includes:
- Completed International Students Undergraduate Application (online only).
- $50 application fee. Check or money order payable to East Stroudsburg University.
- Completed Financial Support Statement with supporting documentation such as bank statements, employer sponsorship letter, or scholarship/fellowship/assistantship letter.
- All secondary and post secondary academic records, including official evaluations from an agency that is an approved member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
- Results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Not required if English is your native or primary language.
- Completed Promise to Provide Room and Board form if anyone will be providing room and board for you while a student at ESU.
- If you are already in the United States, you must send a copy of all printed sides of the current I-20 or DS-2019.
All application materials and supporting documents must be mailed to the Office of Admissions, International Undergraduate Admission, 200 Prospect Street, East Stroudsburg University, East Stroudsburg PA 18301 USA by the established deadlines.
A certified (official) copy of all educational credentials (transcripts) from all secondary or post secondary institution attended must be submitted. If non-English, a certified literal translation must be submitted with all documents.
Educational Credential Evaluations
**All students who apply for admission to the University with transcripts from a foreign secondary or post-secondary educational institution will be required to submit an official educational credential evaluation.
Below is a list of some evaluation companies. This is not a comprehensive list of all authorized evaluation companies. East Stroudsburg University prefers that students use the services of companies that are approved members of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
*All of the companies listed below are current members of NACES.
TOEFL: All non-native speakers of English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language administered by the Education Testing Service (ETS). Scores should be sent directly from ETS. A minimum score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer version), or 79 (internet-based) is required for admission to East Stroudsburg University. International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Student may also take the IELTS test. A minimum band score of 6.0 is required for admission to East Stroudsburg University.
Applicants will be notified of our decision in writing. Spring applicants will be notified by December and Fall applicants will be notified by May. Those who are offered admission will be provided with an application for Student (F-1) Status [Form I-20] along with instructions regarding entry into the U.S., change of status (if necessary), and new student orientation (fall semester only).