ESU Email Account
Please check your ESU email account prior to the start of your course for information from your professor. All students who are registered for courses at ESU have been assigned an email account. If you are a new ESU student, please follow the directions below to get your log on information.
Course Meeting Information:
Please check your course listing at this site for any details about on campus meetings (sometimes professors will require a certain number of face-to-face meetings):
www.esu.edu/distanceeducation. If there is no information, then you may email the instructor to find out any specifics you may need to know before you begin your course.
Log On Information
ESU uses Desire 2 Learn (D2L) as the online classroom. You have been assigned one log on for all accounts here at ESU which includes your ESU email account and your D2L account. Please read carefully on the reverse side to make sure you are able to log in to D2L prior to the start of your course. Some faculty may also be using Moodle or other programs for online courses. If your Professor is using Moodle, the log on information below is the same.
- For a current ESU student:
- You must change your password the first time you log on to D2L.
- Go the D2L site: https://esu.desire2learn.com.
- Click on the “forgot your password” link to reset your password.
- It may take up to 5 minutes for your password to reset. Refresh the D2L log in page then use your new password to log in.
- For a new ESU student:
- You will first need your student E-card number (the last 6 digits only) so that you can remotely set up your ESU email account. You can get this number by calling the ESU ECard Center at 570-422-2273 or 1-800-556-8116.
- Once you have your E-card number, you can set your password at this site: https://ssl2.esu.edu/esubin/id/students/id. Fill in the requested information and click the “submit” button. Your User Name will appear in the white box at the bottom of the screen.
Once you have created your password you should be able to access all of your accounts. Links are available from the page where you set your password.
Here are the direct links:
Accessing your course
Once you log on to D2L you should see your course listed. Click on it to begin. The course may not be active until several days prior to its start. Please feel free to contact the instructor for specific instructions if you do not see your course or if your course is not activated.