CMS Login

State System, APSCUF Reach Tentative Agreement, Strike Ends

Late Friday afternoon, we received an announcement that the strike between the faculty union (APSCUF) and the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education has been settled. Faculty members will return to work effective midnight tonight. For students that have regularly scheduled classes this weekend, report as scheduled. All other students should follow their class schedules starting Monday, October 24.

Current International Students

Image Caption

Local Address Requirement

East Stroudsburg University is legally required to have your current U.S. residential address on file at any time during your program here. Please be prepared to provide us with your residential (not office or department) address when you first check in at our office. If you should move to a new residence during your time here in the United States, you must inform us of the new address within ten days of the move. You can report a change of address by stopping by the office or sending an e-mail message with the change to

On-Campus Employment

F-1 and J-1 students are eligible to work on-campus while attending classes. The work does not need to be related to your field of study. You must maintain legal F-1 or J-1 status while engaging in on-campus employment.

On-campus employment includes work done as a teaching or research assistant as well as jobs in the university library, dormitory dining facilities, laboratories, and administrative offices. On-campus also includes employment with on-location commercial firms which provide services for students on campus, such as stores or restaurants located in a University owned building.


  • You must be enrolled in a full course of study during academic year
  • You may not work more than 20-hours per week on-campus during academic year
  • You may work full-time on-campus during vacation periods
  • You may not engage in 'on-campus employment' after completing requirements for your degree.

Off-campus employment is very restricted for J-1 students. Under certain conditions, students carrying J-1 visas may be eligible for off-campus employment based on economic need or academic training. You may not begin the employment unless you have received authorization from the Office of International Programs.

Students and exchange visitors are sometimes accompanied by their spouses and unmarried children. Certain rules and regulations apply to dependents regarding employment opportunities and taking classes. Click here for more information.

Please click on the following links to learn more information for current ESU international students.

How do I apply for a Social Security Number?
How do I apply for a Pennsylvania Driver's License?
What is Optional Practical Training (OPT)? Am I eligible?
What is Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Am I eligible?
Health Insurance Requirements for International Students