What is a Academic Success Coach?
An Academic Success Coach works individually with students to perform to the best of their academic abilities. A personal meeting with our Academic Success Coaches is one of the best ways to personalize your education and enhance your academic skills.
With your Academic Success Coach, you will put into action learning and life management strategies, which will enhance your success at ESU. Please replace Learning Support Coaches with Academic Success Coaches.
Remember, Academic Success Coaches are here to help YOU.
Why Should I Meet with a Coach?
Meeting with a Coach gives you the opportunity to talk about your own experience at ESU, in and out of the classroom. You’ll be listened to and taken seriously.
In addition to helping you design strategies tailored to your specific situation, your Coach keeps abreast of ESU policies and might be aware of options you had not previously considered. Students typically meet with a coach based upon the time of year, or issues that emerge in their academic lives.
Timely Meetings with a Coach
- First semester: Meet early on to review and discuss course load and devise strategies to attack your work
- Mid-semester: After you’ve settled in to college life and are aware of long term assignment dates
- End of semester: To review your progress to date and sharpen focus on remaining work
Issue-Based Meetings with a Coach
- Feel you’re "not doing well"
- Have questions about an academic policy
- Are considering changes in your schedule or major
- Feel undue academic pressure
- Want to explore academic options of any kind
- Want to sharpen your learning or life management skills