The mission of the M.S. in Speech-Language Pathology at East Stroudsburg University is to provide an academic and clinical education program which:
- Prepares graduates to earn the ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology, and
- Serves as a clinical and professional resource to the surrounding community.
The Graduate Program's objectives are:
- The program will ensure that all students meet the academic and clinical education requirements for the ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Academic content of all courses and other learning experiences will reflect the most current, state-of-the-art information.
- Course offerings will be sufficient to allow students to develop competence in all relevant areas of practice in speech-language pathology.
- The program will ensure that each student has the opportunity to explore special interest areas within the field.
- The program will ensure that each student develops the necessary skills for continuing education in the field through formal or informal methods.