All students will complete at least one full time semester of SPPA 586, Advanced Clinical Externship, at two different off-campus sites, typically in the last semester of enrollment.
- A variety of clinical externship sites are available off campus
- These are arranged by the departmental externship coordinator
- Students may suggest off campus externship sites at which they would like to work
- All practicum sites must ba arranged and administerd through the department
The department has affiliation agreements with more than 70 facilities in Pennsylvania, including the Poconos, Lehigh Valley, Philadelphia, Hershey & Harrisburg.
There are also placements available in Delaware, New Jersey, New York State, and Maryland.
There is always the opportunity to complete a placement near a student's home once an affiliation agreement is established.
Placements include the following:
- Rehabilitation centers
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Out-patient Centers
- Day Cares