Do you like to work with people? Do you enjoy teaching? Do you want to make a difference in someone’s life? If your answer is yes to these questions, you may want to consider working with individuals with exceptionalities.
Careers in the field of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services are rewarding and exciting! Below are some examples of what you can do with a degree in this field.
- Teach children, adolescents or adults
- Work with students with exceptionalities in classroom settings
- Teach individuals with exceptionalities in community settings
- Support individuals preparing for adult life as a transition coordinator
- Provide behavioral support
- Provide rehabilitation counseling
- Work as a case manager
- Support and teach one skills in his/her home
- Teach recreation/leisure skills
- Provide vocational training and/or job development
- Work with families of individuals with exceptionalities
- Support children with early intervention services
- Become a supervisor of Special Education
- Get certified to provide Applied Behavior Analysis services