Learning Today to Lead Tomorrow
This master's degree prepares educators through consistency with customization. Professionals may be teachers, coaches or administrators who wish to further develop the knowledge, skills, and experiences necessary for growth. All candidates meet outcome areas of curriculum, law, pedagogy educational psychology, and data driven decision making through the 7 common core courses.
ADVANTAGES of ESU - PSED Advanced Program
√ Paths for Evolving Goals: You do not have to know your specialty area immediately. You can take the 7 common core courses and then determine your customized track; or, you can get certified in an area, and then, finish an M.Ed.
√ Flexible Program: Some courses are offered online and other courses are in person. Some courses are offered at different sites. Courses can be modified to meet your professional goals.
√ Experienced Instructors: PSED instructors have a wealth of experience from different backgrounds. You will get solid advice for your next steps in your program and how to excel toward your goals.
√ Unique Partnerships: PSED works with the National Board to meet the highest standards in the USA, Pennsylvania Intermediated Units, and respected administrators in USA schools. The PSED department at ESU is the only university in the USA that partners with the National Board.
ESU advisors will assist you in customizing the track to your professional goals. Below, get more information about the tracks.
- Professional Education M.Ed.: Become a certified teacher or master teacher in an area of interest in the most customizable track.
- Educational Leadership: Principal Certification & M.Ed.: Leads to Pennsylvania or New Jersey principal certification and other administrative positions.
- Advanced Pedagogy:National Board Certification & M.Ed.: Use National Board Certification as a springboard to complete the master’s of education.
- Advanced Physical Education M.Ed.: Expand your knowledge of physical education teaching, research, and service.
- Adapted Physical Education M.Ed.: Grow your experiences to design physical educational experiences for persons with disabilities.
- Advanced Sports Performance Coaching M.Ed.: Develop coaching aptitudes with athletes through research and mentoring.