- Our internships are intensive, full-time fieldwork experiences.
- Internships provide students the opportunity to apply what has been learned in the classroom to a work setting.
- Students are supervised by professionals who guide their development.
- Upon completion of an internship, a student is prepared for an entry-level professional position.
- Students complete 480 or 600 hours at their internship placements.
- These fieldwork experiences are determined by a student's career preference.
- Faculty carefully advise students during the internship planning process.
“ The Ocean Reef Club in Key Largo, FL, is a private resort where I did my internship. I planned and implemented events for children and adult groups who came for conferences and vacations. It is absolutely beautiful; it's like being in paradise. ” Megan McHale
“ My internship experience at Marworth, a chemical dependency rehabilitation facility in Waverly, PA, has made a significant impact on my life. I was provided the opportunity to apply concepts I learned in the classroom. Prior to this experience, I had no idea how I could relate to persons with chemical dependency. It has been an experience I will remember for the rest of my life. ” Caitland Hawk
- No geographic limitation is placed on students.
- Faculty have regular, on-going contact during a student's internship.
- The Department was one of the first programs in the country to participate in the Disney Theme Parks & Resorts College Program. This Program allows students to complete a professional internship with a highly respected and well-known company. Additional information can be found on the Disney website www.wdwcollegeprogram.com
Listed below is a small sampling of internship sites where students have completed internships:
- Denali National Park, AK
- Hospital of University of PA (HUP), Philadelphia, PA
- Cescaphe Event Group, Philadelphia, PA
- Boy Scouts of America, FL National High Adventure, Islamorada, FL
- Philadephia Phillies, Philadelphia, PA
- South Seas Plantation, Captive, Island, FL
- Sunrise Assisted Living, Westfield, NJ
- Walt Disney World, Orlando, FL
- Children's Specialized Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ
- Shenandoah National Park, East Luray, VA
- Borgata Resort and Casino, Atlantic, NJ
- Bend Recreation & Park Department, Bend, OR
- Great Wolf Lodge, Scotrun, PA
- National Abilities Center, Park City, UT