“ My internship experience as an event planner at Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort has influenced me both personally and professionally. I learned how to successfully plan and implement all types of special events, and how to comply with the client’s needs and wants. My internship made me realize that event planning is the field that I should be in and clarified that I made the right decision for my future. I will take all that I learned with me as I move forward in my career.” ” Cara Ciaramella
“ The Ocean Reef Club in Key Largo, FL, is a private resort where I did my internship. I planned and implemented events for children and adult groups who came for conferences and vacations. It is absolutely beautiful; it's like being in paradise. ” Megan McHale
“ My internship experience at Marworth, a chemical dependency rehabilitation facility in Waverly, PA, has made a significant impact on my life. I was provided the opportunity to apply concepts I learned in the classroom. Prior to this experience, I had no idea how I could relate to persons with chemical dependency. It has been an experience I will remember for the rest of my life. ” Caitland Hawk
The Department was one of the first programs in the country to participate in the Disney Theme Parks & Resorts College Program. This Program allows students to complete a professional internship with a highly respected and well-known company.
- Our internships are intensive, full-time fieldwork experiences.
- Internships provide students the opportunity to apply what has been learned in the classroom to a work setting.
- Students are supervised by professionals who guide their development.
- Upon completion of an internship, a student is prepared for an entry-level professional position.
- These fieldwork experiences are determined by a student's career preference.
- Faculty carefully advise students during the internship planning process.
- No geographic limitation is placed on students.
- Faculty have regular, on-going contact during a student's internship.
Students have completed their internships at some of the following locations:
- Borgata Resort and Casino, Atlantic, NJ
- Denali National Park, AK
- Hospital of University of PA (HUP), Philadelphia, PA
- Cescaphe Event Group, Philadelphia, PA
- Boy Scouts of America, FL National High Adventure, Islamorada, FL
- Philadelphia Phillies, Philadelphia, PA
- South Seas Plantation, Captive, Island, FL
- Walt Disney World, Orlando, FL
- Children's Specialized Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ
- Shenandoah National Park, East Luray, VA
- Bend Recreation & Park Department, Bend, OR
- Great Wolf Lodge, Scotrun, PA
- Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Ritz Carlton, Philadelphia, PA
- SeaWorld, Orlando, FL