- Our internships are intensive, full-time fieldwork experiences.
- Internships provide students the opportunity to apply what has been learned in the classroom to a work setting.
- Students are supervised by professionals who guide their development.
- Upon completion of an internship, a student is prepared for an entry-level professional position.
- Students complete 480 or 600 hours at their internship placements.
- These fieldwork experiences are determined by a student's career preference.
- Faculty carefully advise students during the internship planning process.
"The Ocean Reef Club in Key Largo, FL, is a private resort where I did my internship. I planned and implemented events for children and adult groups who came for conferences and vacations. It is absolutely beautiful; it's like being in paradise." Megan McHale
"My internship experience at Marworth, a chemical dependency rehabilitation facility in Waverly, PA, has made a significant impact on my life. I was provided the opportunity to apply concepts I learned in the classroom. Prior to this experience, I had no idea how I could relate to persons with chemical dependency. It has been an experience I will remember for the rest of my life." Caitland Hawk
- The Department was one of the first programs in the country to participate in the Disney Theme Parks & Resorts College Program. This Program allows students to complete a professional internship with one of the world's most highly respected and best known companies. Students are placed at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL. In addition to practical work experiences, students enroll in professional courses taught by Disney executives. Additional information can be found on the Disney website www.wdwcollegeprogram.com
- No geographic limitation is placed on students.
- Faculty have regular, on-going contact during a student's internship.
Listed below is a small sampling of internship sites where students have completed internships:
- Denali National Park, AK
- Hospital of University of PA (HUP), Philadelphia, PA
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club @ Sea World, Orlando, FL
- Boy Scouts of America, FL National High Adventure, Islamorada, FL
- Philadephia Phillies, Philadelphia, PA
- RCI Resort Management, Fairfield Seawatch Plantation, Myrtle Beach, FL
- Sunrise Assisted Living, Westfield, NJ
- Walt Disney World, Orlando, FL
- Children's Specialized Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ
- Shenandoah National Park, East Luray, VA
- Borgata Resort and Casino, Atlantic, NJ
- Bend Recreation & Park Department, Bend, OR
- Great Wolf Lodge, Scotrun, PA
- National Abilities Center, Park City, UT