Recreation Services Management: Career Paths with Many Possibilities
Careers in the recreation profession are refreshingly human-focused; we bring people together. We connect people to each other, and to the natural environment. No matter what your work setting, you will be responsible to create and manage meaningful recreation experiences for others.
To provide quality services to others, what skills do you need? You need to possess a variety of skill sets: assessment, problem-solving, interpersonal, leadership, organizational, and customer service are a few examples. Developing these skills and a conceptual knowledge base begins when you decide to major in our department.
The Department of Recreation Services Management can prepare you for a variety of career possibilities in many different recreational settings.
Why choose the Department of Recreation Services Management at ESU?
- Quality internship placements
- Develop your leadership skills
- Nationally accredited program
- Small class size
- Qualified, experienced faculty
- Career specializations
- Faculty guidance to attain your career goals
- Experiential learning methods used in courses
Is Recreation Services Management a career path for you? Can you imagine yourself:
- Creating meaningful opportunities for others?
- Coordinating and planning events?
- Directing daily operations for an organization providing recreation opportunities?
- Facilitating team building experiences?
- Motivating others to develop skills to succeed?
- Completing many varied tasks each day?
A small sampling of careers we can prepare you for
- Event Planner
- National or State Park Ranger
- Operations Manager
- Recreation Therapist
- Outdoor Adventure Leader
- Resort Recreation Coordinator
- Entertainment complexes
Many students transfer from community colleges and other universities.
Transfers must have a minimum 2.25 GPA if transferring 62 credits or more. We welcome your inquiries.
More information about credit and course transfers is available from the Office of Admissions, 877-230-5547.