Transfer Admission Criteria (Internal current ESU students)
The Department of Nursing admits the majority of students as freshmen. Therefore, very few seats become available for transfer students. Admission for transfer students is very competitive; successful applicants often have 3.5 or higher GPA. Students who are currently East Stroudsburg University students are given preference for admission into the nursing program.
- Completion of 30 credits
- Over all GPA 3,5.
- Completion of Anatomy and Physiology I and II and related labs, A & P II, Statistics, and English Composition with grades of 3.0 (B) or better in each course. (provide transcripts)
- Two letters of recommendation from professors. (send to the department of nursing)
- Letter of intent as to why candidate wants to be a nurse. (please include your contact information and send to the department of nursing)
- Interview with nursing faculty may be required after the review of submitted materials to the nursing department.
- All materials need to be submitted by Feb 1 for for placement into the Fall sophomore class.
External Transfer Students
See internal transfer for requirements.
Only letter of intent and two letters of recommendation should be sent to the department of Nursing.
Note: It is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain all needed materials and send them in one packet to the department of Nursing
Due to the volume of applications to the program, only completed applications submitted by the due date can be considered.
Applicants are selected based on available space and applicant pool qualifications.
Freshman Admission Criteria
- Consideration for admission is based on the following guidelines:
- High school rank in the 1/3
- SAT scores of 500 or better in math and 500 or better in verbal (550 preferred) or a 22 composite score on the ACT.
- High School GPA 3.0 or better
- Completion of work equal to the standard high school college
- Preparation course with a minimum of 16 units, including
4 units of English, 2 units of Mathematics (one of which is Algebra), and 2 units of Science with a related laboratory
Admission Criteria for Registered Nurses Interested in Obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
Registered nurses must apply to the university as a transfer student and must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum GPA 2.75
- Graduate from a National League of Nursing Accrediting
- Commission Program.
- Copy of current Pennsylvania nursing license
- Official transcripts from the school of nursing