Transfer Admission Criteria for Internal Students
The Department of Nursing admits the majority of students as freshmen into pre-nursing curriculum. Therefore, very few seats become available for transfer students. Admission for transfer students is very competitive; successful applicants often have 3.5 or higher GPA. Students who are currently East Stroudsburg University students are given preference for admission into the nursing program.
- Completion of 30 credits
- Over all GPA 3,5.
- Completion of Anatomy and Physiology I and II and related labs, A & P II, Statistics, and English Composition with grades of 3.0 (B) or better in each course. (provide transcripts)
- Send the following as one packet to the Department of Nursing by April 1 for placement in the sophomore class:
- Letter of intention (citing reason for changing major to nursing)
- Two letters of recommendation from current or past professors.
- Interview with nursing faculty may be required after the review of submitted materials to the nursing department.
External Transfer Students
See internal transfer for requirements.
Only letter of intent and two letters of recommendation should be sent to the Department of Nursing by April 1.
Note: It is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain all needed materials and send them in one packet to the Department of Nursing
Due to the volume of applications to the program, only completed applications submitted by the due date can be considered.
Applicants are selected based on available space and applicant pool qualifications.
Pre-Nursing Admission Criteria
The Pre-Nursing concentration provides Transfer students the opportunity to work toward completing coursework required for admission consideration into the Nursing major. The Pre-Nursing concentration will serve those who have insufficient prerequisite completion of required courses. Students will be considered for the Pre-Nursing concentration provide they have completed the following required academic and prerequisite requirements. Pre-Nursing applicants are considered for both Fall and Spring admission.
- 3.50 cumulative college GPA
- 30 college-level credits (minimum)
- Prerequisite courses listed with a minimum grade of "B" or 3.00.
- Anatomy & Physiology I
- English Composition
- General Psychology
- General Statistics
- First Year Experience course (or other 3 credit general education elective)
Admission Criteria for Registered Nurses Interested in Obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
Registered nurses must apply to the university as a transfer student and must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum GPA 2.75
- Graduate from a National League of Nursing Accrediting
- Commission Program.
- Copy of current Pennsylvania nursing license
- Official transcripts from the school of nursing