Exercise Science is an exciting field in which there continue to be many challenging and unanswered questions. The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) Accredited Exercise Science curriculum is designed to effectively prepare graduates to become Applied Exercise Scientists with the ability to obtain professional certifications.
Students accepted to the 3 - Year Accelerated Track will be given the unique opportunity to complete their undergraduate degree in 3 calendar years. Potential benefits of our accelerated program include:
- Early entry into the workforce or graduate/professional school
- Completion of undergraduate and master’s degree in 4 years if attending one of ESU’s graduate programs in exercise science
- Reduced reliance on student loans
- Additional academic and social experiences with other accelerated students and faculty
- Reserved campus housing with other accelerated students in a Living and Learning Community
3 - Year Accelerated Program Admission Requirements
- High school GPA > 3.0
- SAT > 1050
- Math SAT > 550
Exercise science faculty members hold doctoral degrees in exercise-related fields of study and hold advanced certifications from the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) and/or the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
Each year, all faculty attend both regional and national conferences to present research, network and collaborate with colleagues from other institutions, and attend meetings discussing current findings and recommendations in the field of exercise science.
Our faculty also publish original research in peer-reviewed journals, chair university wide committees, and are active leaders in the community.