CALLIOPE is East Stroudsburg University's official literary club. It publishes student poetry, prose, photography, and artwork online three times a semester and annually in the print version of the journal.
- Open mics are held monthly in the Common Grounds coffee shop, featuring poetry reading, musicians, and stand up comics.
- It occasionally co-hosts concerts and readings with the Grand Cinema and Coffee Shop in downtown East Stroudsburg.
- Calliope also funds at least one reading by a professional poet per semester.
- Issues of Calliope can be found in the English office on the third floor of Stroud Hall or in Kemp library.
- Editorial meetings are currently held in room G13 of Shawnee Hall.
The STROUD COURIER is the student newspaper of East Stroudsburg University. It exists for the voice of any student. The English Department serves in an advisory role, with Professor Fred Misurella serving as advisor. Students wishing to get involved should attend one of the weekly editorial meetings at the Stroud Courier Office, in 217 at the University Center, Tuesdays at 10 AM.