Listed below are examples of jobs Economics & Finance majors might choose to pursue upon graduation. Some of them, such as college professor, will require additional education or training beyond the bachelor's degree:
|Banking and Financial Services
The list below shows the median average salary and jobs often obtained by Economics majors after graduation*
- Retail Store Manager $51,500
- Office Manager $44,300
- Data Analyst $55,300
- Personal Financial Advisor $104,000
- Information Technology (IT) Consultant $98,600
- Information Technology (IT) Manager $87,500
- Account Manager Sales $80,700
- Administrative Assistant $34,100
- Market Research Analyst $47,900
- Economist $79,100
- Vice President (VP), Operations $136,000
- Associate - Investment Banking $115,000
- Business Analyst (Computer Software/Hardware/Systems) $71,400
- Executive Assistant $47,700
- Customer Service Representative (CSR) $34,200
- Marketing Manager $68,600
- Financial Analyst $54,100
- Accountant $45,900
- Controller (Financial) $84,100
- Operations Manager $70,600
- Financial Analyst, Corporate $63,400
- Project Manager, IT $94,700
- Consultant, Business Process/Management $104,000
- Personal Banker $37,600
- Business Analyst, Finance/Banking $65,900
- Research Analyst, Financial $85,500
- Underwriter $63,200
- Management Consultant $124,000
- Project Manager, Construction $86,000
- Credit Analyst, Banking $46,700
- Branch Manager, Banking $58,500
- Regional Sales Manager $104,000
For more details on PayScale visit: www.payscale.com.
- All data is limited to those with a Bachelor's degree and no higher degrees who work full-time in the United States.
- Jobs are listed in order of relative popularity amongst graduates with a Bachelor's degree in the given major from any college.
- Median salary for each job title is for individuals with any major who have a typical amount of experience at that job.
- Salary is the sum of compensation from base salary, bonuses, profit sharing, commissions, and overtime, if applicable.
- Salary does not include equity (stock) compensation. This chart is based upon PayScale Salary Survey data, and may not represent all individuals in these categories.