Mission of Instructional Technology at ESU
Prepare instructional technologists and instructional designers to utilize critical reflection with research in order to design, produce, and implement technological tools to improve learning in a global society.
Nationally Accredited by NCATE through International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
Using theory, practice, and professional tools, the graduate program prepares those interested in business and in education. We train e-learning specialist for adult learners, and develop educators for k-12 schools and higher education environments.
|Instructional Technologist K-12
||Corporate Instructional Designer
|Instructional Technologist Specialist K-12 - Tech Coach
||Corporate Trainer - Elearning Specialist
|Instructional Technologist- Higher Ed
Instruction is Multi-Delivery
Using LMS technology combine with social media, classes are offered both traditional face-to-face and online to accommodate different learning preferences.
Students can Earn...
- Master's of Education (M.Ed.) degree in Instructional Technology
- Pennsylvania Certified Instructional Technology Specialist Certificate
- Instructional Design
- Varied learning environments
- Differentiated instruction
- New and emerging technologies
- Research in instructional technology
- Learning theories
- Interactive web design
- Mobile learning
- Web 2.0
- Desktop and digital publishing
- Video - Movie making
- E-Learning & E-Learning Tutorials
- Learning Management Systems
- Technological pedagogical content knowledge
- Online learning
After completion of most course work student submit a Portfolio. The Programmatic Portfolio is submitted before internship. Students design a professional portfolio to demonstrate proficiency in Graduate Outcomes and/or ITSC standards. Below are samples of student portfolios using various platforms.