The Computer Science Internship is a variable credit hour course that each East Stroudsburg University Computer Science Major is required to complete.
Some goals of the Computer Science Internship include:
- To provide the student with an opportunity to experience the importance and relevance of ideas learned in course work.
- To broaden the experience of the student by exposure to new computer systems, new applications or new developments.
- To provide the student with experience in preparing a resume, applying for a job and going through the interviewing and selection process for a job.
- To give the student the experience of working in a group/team.
- To enable the cooperating organization to receive the benefits of the special talents and background of the student.
- A minimum of three (3) credits is required for graduation.
- A maximum of twelve (12) credits may be taken.
- A minimum of 60 times the amount of credits taken is required. (Minimum of 180 hours)
- Responsibilities of the Intern, Employer, and The Department of Computer Science.
- Procedures required by the Intern to complete the necessary credit requirements.