The President’s Office created the Policy Advisory Committee (PAC) to develop, initiate and support University Policies - ESU’s strategic initiative to codify all university policies and assure universal access through the creation of a centralized website for university policies and procedures.
PAC develops and refines the processes for policy conversion, new policy development, and policy retirement; recommends administrative processes for effective processing and policy administration; and assures proper vetting of all policies with the university constituencies prior to implementation.
The President’s Office acts as the official repository for all university policies and the Policy Administration Office under the President’s Office serves as the point-of-contact for university-wide policies, process questions and initiation of policy actions.
- General Forum. Provides a general forum for aggregating ideas and improvements for the creation, organization and administrative management of university wide policies.
- Advice and Recommendation. Provides President’s Council and Vice President’s/Provosts, stakeholders with recommendations on matters related to the feasibility, organization and administrative management required to implement policies under consideration. PAC also assures that policy owners have vetted proposed policies with the appropriate university constituencies before the policy moves forward for final approval by the President.
- Support to the Creation of a Centralized Website for University Policies and Practices. Provides technical support, guidance and advice to the President’s council for the creation of centralized website and refinements to policy format. PAC also provides initial training for university constituents on policy initiation, amendment and repeal (as required).
- Standards. Employs Best Practices as applicable for website utility (security, research, capability, policy process, common format, approvals, communication, maintenance and obtaining feedback) and other user friendly features.
- Documents and Procedures.Provides guidance for the Policy Administration Office on such matters as process management, refinement of procedures, resolution of emerging issues, and additional communication or training requirements for Web Stewards and Policy Owners. These responsibilities include but are not limited to guidance on:
- Policy Format. Implementation of a uniform format for all university policies.
- Policies Index. Implementation of a comprehensive policies index for ease of policy search and identification by users of the centralized website.
- Administrative Procedure. Implementation of a comprehensive administrative procedure for university divisions to follow when creating, amending or repealing policies. Such procedure addresses: divisional scope of responsibility for policy creation, review, and enforcement; proper approval path for policy routing; templates and tools to be used for uniform policy documents; legal review; official approval and communication of policies to the university population and periodic review cycles for policies.
- Opinions and Guidance. Seek and provide technical opinions and guidance on policies, electronic tools and administrative responsibilities.
- Membership. The Policy Advisory Committee provides for balanced decision making by bringing together a wide diversity of opinions from university division representatives with outstanding technical knowledge and experience in their respective functional area(s). The Vice President/Provosts will nominate committee members to represent their division.
||Chief of Staff, Office of the President
||Director of Business Services, Student Activity Association, Ex-Officio
||Chief Information Officer of Computing & Communication Services
||Policy Development Specialist, Office of the President
||Associate Director of Human Resources Management
||Web Manager, University Relations
||Transfer Coordinator and Associate Director of Admission, Enrollment Management
||Director of Residence Life and Housing
||Director of Procurement and Contracting
|Michael C. Sachs
||Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs
||Director of Career Development and Student Success
|Syed Z. Zaidi
||Director of Facilities Management