- Policy Title: Housing Deposit Refund
- Policy Number: ESU-SA-2010-011
- Effective: August, 1998
- Adopted: October 28, 2010
- Last Reviewed: October 28, 2010
- Amended: N/A
- Related Policies: Extended Housing Refund
Students may request a housing deposit refund according to the conditions stated herein.
Contact the Housing and Operations Office for the current deposit rate.
The following are conditions under which the deposit is refundable:
- Student currently in housing is student teaching or serving an internship away from the local area second semester.
- Student currently in housing graduates in December.
- Student who paid the deposit to secure housing for the upcoming academic year is academically suspended due to low scholarship, as defined by the Enrollment Services department.
Students requesting a refund for the above mentioned reasons must make the request in writing to the Housing and Operations office.
The following are conditions under which the deposit is non-refundable:
- Student currently in housing is suspended from housing for conduct reasons.
- Student paid the deposit to secure housing for the upcoming academic year, then cancels his/her contract prior to the established deadline.
- Student paid the deposit to secure housing for the upcoming academic year, but does not sign up for a room during Housing Sign-Ups.
- Student transfers or withdraws from the University either during a semester, between semesters, or prior to the start of the upcoming academic year.
- Incoming first-year student makes a deposit with the University to secure a housing space, and then cancels or withdraws prior to the start of the semester.
In cases where a current student cancels his/her housing, either over the summer, or is permitted to leave housing during a semester due to overflow, but remains an ESU student, the deposit shall be credited toward the spring semester tuition bill.
Students may submit a written appeal to the Director of Residence Life and Housing.
Not Specified in Current Policy
Other Relevant Information: