Read the end of the 2014/2015 academic year close out notes and updates
Sustainability is meeting the needs of the present generation without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs. UN World Commission on Environment and Development (WCED) "Our Common Future"(The Brundtland Report), 1987. So what does it mean to be sustainable? Read the article.
East Stroudsburg University commits itself to environmental sustainability in its overall philosophy and day-to-day practices. This commitment involves collaborative efforts among our students and employees, and our greater Northeastern Pennsylvania community. We strive to inspire our constituents towards achieving climate neutrality through education, exposure to green values and attitudes, and most of all conscientious action. Read about it.
Please be sure to click on the links to your left, and explore for more information on current events, jobs/internship opportunities, and resources
Meeting dates for 2013-2014 meetings for the Sustainability Commission will be held in the President's Boardroom in the Reibman Administration Building at 2:00 PM on the following dates:
- September 17 (Completed - Click here for meeting notes)
- October 29 (Completed - Click here for meeting notes)
- November 19 (Completed - Click here for meeting notes)
- February 18 (Completed - Click here for meeting notes)
- Friday, March 28 (Completed - Click here for meeting notes))
- April 15 (Completed)
To stay tuned for more information on additional environmental initiatives, activities and planning, and if you are interested in participating and sharing your Green ideas please feel free to contact Prof. Darlene Farris-LaBar (firstname.lastname@example.org), chair of the Sustainability Commission or the Graduate Student Worker, Mildred Nunoo (email@example.com).
MARK YOUR CALENDARS! (2014 Events):
- First talk in the Environmental Talk Series on Sustainable Fisheries -- Friday, March 7; 9am in Monroe Hall BO1 (More info) (Completed)
- Lecture by Mark Lichty, Director and Producer of Groundswell Rising -- Wednesday, April 2; 7pm - 10 pm in Stroud 113 (Completed)
- Student Research and Scholarly Activity Symposium -- Thursday, April 3, 2014 (Completed)
- Next Environmental Series Talk will be on Sea Ethics -- Week of April 7 (Completed)
- Earth Day 2014 -- Tuesday, April 22; 12 - 4pm on the Quad (Rain Location: Keystone Room). There will be electronics recycling. Please be sure to wipe off any personal or private data off drives. Click here for more info.
Contact the Sustainability Commission
Fine & Performing Arts Center 233
(570) 422-3008 (Fax)
Professor Darlene Farris-LaBar