CMS Login
  • parent photos
  • parent photos
  • parent photos
  • parent photos
esyou parents

Parent Posts

Questions? Kudos? Concerns? Inquire about items of a general nature, the answers to which can be helpful to you and other ESU parents. Inquiries will be reviewed and responses will be provided.

You are encouraged to direct specific, individual items to the offices or departments that handle and can best address your needs. For example: questions about tuition, fees and financial aid should be directed to the Student Enrollment Center, questions about housing should be directed to the Office of Residence Life & Housing. Find these and other university offices and departments here: Faculty and Staff and Academic Departments.

Recent Questions and Answers:

When will my incoming freshman be assigned a student mentor?

Typically new students receive upper class mentors just prior to the start of the entering fall semester. If your student is in need of a mentor now, or wishes to have communication with one of ESU’s student orientation leaders, please email the request to

My son is graduating in May. Are tickets necessary, if so how many can he get for family members? Thank you.

This web page can be of assistance to parents of graduating students:

Also, you can ask for answers to your commencement questions here:

Where can my graduating senior find out information about senior portraits, graduation tickets, purchasing a cap and gown, ordering a class ring and announcements, etc.?

ESU Grad Fest is a comprehensive event where students may obtain graduation information; it will be held on March 24, 2014, 11 a.m. - 7 p.m., at the University Store.

At Grad Fest, students may: obtain details about purchasing regalia and graduation tickets, visit with representatives from ESU: Enrollment Services, Graduate Office, Alumni Affairs, Career Services and other departments, and find out more about their commencement needs. NOTE: Herff Jones Photography will be at ESU Grad Fest, scheduling appointments on March 24th for senior portraits, which will be taken March 25th, 26th and 27th, upper level of the University Center.

ESU Grad Fest

What are the dates, times and locations of May 2014 ESU Commencements?

Undergraduate and Graduate Commencements:
All in Koehler Field House

9:00 AM:
College of Arts and Sciences
College of Education

1:00 PM:
College of Business and Management
College of Health Sciences

GRADUATE COMMENCEMENT: Friday, May 9, 2014, 7:00 PM

Where can students use eCards (student identification cards)?

eCards may be used at the following locations.

On Campus:

Off Campus:

For complete eCard information, click here:

What are the guidelines for completing the ESU Report of Medical History form and acquiring student access to university health services?

ESU Health Services strongly recommends that all incoming students, including transfer students, submit the Report of Medical History form, which includes immunization history, prior to entrance to the university. There are many academic majors that will require this information during the course of study including education, health sciences, (such as nursing, psychology, speech and hearing, athletic training, and exercise science), as well as many internships and academic placements. It is recommended that all students gather this information and submit it to avoid postponements in class schedules. The Report of Medical History is mandatory for all international students.

In addition to the Report of Medical History form, Pennsylvania law requires all students residing in university-owned housing to have received meningitis vaccination or be informed of the risks and benefits of the vaccine. This is to be completed when submitting the housing application.

All currently-enrolled students are eligible to access health care at the University Health Services Health Center when classes are in session. It is located on the first floor of the Flagler-Metzgar Center and is open Monday – Friday with varied hours. The health center is a walk-in clinic treating illness and injuries. In most situations there are no additional fees to see a nurse or doctor as these costs are covered by the “health care fee.” Some elective services, such as physical examinations, TB testing, and women’s health, are available at nominal fees. There are many low-cost prescription medications available on site when ordered by our physician (most cost $4.00 - $8.00; payment is accepted only by E-card). Fees for any medical treatment provided away from the health center, such as diagnostic testing, i.e. lab tests, x-rays, etc. is the responsibility of the student, therefore, health insurance is strongly advised. For more information or questions contact the health center at (570) 422-3553.

What public transportation is available between ESU and the Lehigh Valley?

How can a parent access a student's portal?

The ESU Computing Services Help Desk can assist you at (570) 422-3789.

How can graduating students order graduation announcements?

Graduation announcements may be ordered through Balfour has the locations and time already in their system for graduation. Graduation announcements may also be ordered in person at ESU's Grad Fest in the University Store, November 4th from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. A representative from Balfour will be onsite to take orders directly.

Are there any buses that run to the university?
We would like to visit the campus but do not drive. We live in the Philadelphia area.

Martz Trailways services the Pocono region and the Philadelphia region. The schedule can be found here:

Taxi service is available to and from bus stations. Information on Pocono taxi service can be found here:

GOOOOOOO Warriors..........

We agree: GOOOOOOO Warriors!

Is there a way to view my student's class progress online during the semester?

Is there transportation From ESU to Long Island?

Martz Trailways has buses that run from the Poconos to Port Authority in NYC. There is rail transportation from Port Authority to Long Island. Below are some links to transportation that you may want to consider:

Martz Trailways:

Port Authority:

Metropolitan Transportation Authority: