- Procedure Title: Change of Use
- Policy Number: ESU-FA-2011-025
- Effective Date: April 11, 2012
- Review Date: January 31, 2017
- Division: Finance & Administration
- Responsible Office: Facilities Management
These procedures will assist in the changing of use/classification of a certain area on campus.
- An individual faculty member or appropriate staff member may initiate a change of space request, providing details of space needs to the extent possible. The request should be forwarded to the department chair or director for review. In case of academic departments, this request together with recommendation should then be routed to the respective dean.
- The dean’s or director’s office reviews the request for space, and either recommends, denies or refers the request for analysis to Manager of Space/IT. The request must be submitted in writing by the dean or director to Facilities Management (Manager of Space/IT).
- A space needs analysis is then conducted taking into consideration applicable space guidelines, current availability, the ESU Facilities Master Plan, and any other relevant issues. This information is then used to ascertain validity and availability, leading to a final determination.
- The request may either be accepted or denied/closed. The Manager of Space/IT will notify the requestor and respective dean/director with the determination.
- If an approval is recommended, Facilities Management will record the change in use in the space inventory. The appropriate items will be moved around and configured as necessary. If remodeling is required, then the requestor must follow the Remodeling Procedures.
- If a "deny" or "close" determination is made, then the change in use cannot be accommodated for that specific area.
NOTE: A change of use implies that the space is intended to be used in a different manner than originally configures; such as: from classroom to computer lab, from storage to faculty office, from circulation (corridor) to reception, etc.
Other Related Information: