- Procedure Title: Guidelines for Motor Vehicle Operators
- Policy Number: ESU-FA-2011-024
- Effective Date:
- Review Date:
- Division: Finance & Administration
- Responsible Office: Facilities Management
This procedure will provide the guidelines for motor vehicle operators.
- Operators of University/Commonwealth vehicles are responsible for all fines and penalties associated with any violation of the vehicle code and/or parking ordinances. Fines and penalties are not a reimbursable expense, with the exception of fines for mechanical defects beyond the control of the vehicle operator. Any operator cited for a moving violation may be subject to disciplinary action the vehicle is not operated in accordance with state law.
- Only those operators designated on the Travel Request Form are permitted to drive a University/Commonwealth vehicle. If more than one operator is required for a trip, the appropriate travel authorization must be completed for each additional operator, or their name included as additional driver.
- Seat belts must be worn according to state law.
- An authorized operator must never leave a vehicle unattended while the keys are in the ignition or when the engine is running.
- If the vehicle cannot be returned at the time designated on the authorization form, the operator must call the University Police (570-422-3063) to report that the vehicle will be late.
- University or Commonwealth owned vehicles must always be operated in accordance with state law and for University related business only.
Travel Request Form
Van Request Form
Vehicle Pick-up by Authorized Operator (Driver)
Report of Accident
Other Related Information: