- On Campus dial 2000
- Off Campus dial 422-2000
- Dial last 4 digits of telephone number
The access code for local dialing or to dial ANYWHERE within the 570 area code, is now 9 (570) xxx-xxxx.
PLEASE NOTE: You must dial the area code for ALL local calls.
Local calls begin with:
431, 588, 481, 595, 257, 775, 216, 243, 839, 894, 895, 972, 402, 801, 213, 233, 234, 236, 242, 269, 350, 369, 420, 421, 422, 424, 426, 460, 476, 517, 619, 620, 629, 656, 688, 730, 807, 856, 872, 904, 977, 982, 989, 994, 908, 841.
Long Distance Calls and International calls must have a 3rd party calling card
- AT&T is the Long Distance Carrier for ESU
- Dial 9+1+ (xxx)xxx-xxxx (calling cards 800 number)
- Follow instructions on back of card to complete call
Language Assistance Calls
Dial 9 1800-528-5888. Provides language assistance in 140 languages, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Procedure for Life-Threatening Phone Calls
Please use the following procedure if you receive a life-threatening call. By doing so it will help our University Police in identifying individuals who place such calls.
Approval for any other use of this feature must be obtained from the East Stroudsburg University Police Department in advance.
- Hang up telephone from life-threatening caller.
- Pick up the handset, and when you get a dial tone, DIAL *57. Listen for the confirmation announcement and hang up. The number of the last call you received will now be reported to Verizon. You will not receive the telephone number of the party who called. You must perform this procedure each time you want to trace a call. Only the E.S.U.P.D. will receive that information.
- Contact the East Stroudsburg University Police Department at telephone number 422-2000 and notify them of the life-threatening call that was just made.