Department offers basic digital cable TV service and High Speed Internet.
- Digital TV - One jack per room, student supplies the TV ( must have clear qam tuner ) and TV coax cable, Over 80 Digital and HD channels provided.
- NEW! Resnet has 3Gbps trunk to the Internet - Wireless and hard wired, best and fastest service is hard wired, student supplies computer and network cable (25 foot)
- No charge for wired access like some other PASSHE schools.
- Each student device is given up to 20 Mbps data speed for smooth HD video streaming
- Most wireless devices are supported
- New this year wireless printers can be added but we're not responsible for unknown prints, security recommended. We're the only PASSHE school offering this level of BYOD support.
Please Note University Ridge Suites are NOT serviced by RESNET at this time. Any Network or Cable issues at the Ridge, call your service provider PenTelData a (800) 281-3564, press option 2, then press option 3, then press option 1 to reach tech support.
RESNET Accepted Registered Software for Fall 2017
- The Residence Halls are on a separate Network Called the RESNET, please read The Policy on Residence Hall Internet Usage
Operating Systems Info
- We don't support OS older than Windows 7 - all patch levels
- Patch Updates http://www.microsoft.com/downloads
- We don't support Mac OS older than 10.6 (Snow Leopard
Special notes for wifi use on cellular phones :
iPhone and iPad w/cellular: Turn off WIFI-ASSIST to avoid Cellular data charges. This "feature" is on by default iOS 9.x and above
Android phones: Turn off DOWNLOAD BOOSTER to avoid Cellular data charges. Any file over 30mb will trigger this "feature"
IF you think you have wifi issues, open browser on device and enter my.meraki.com, run speed test. If signal level is below 15db or speed below 5mbs, send test results to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information. We will be able to assist you with your issue.
Wireless printers : wireless printers can be added but we're not responsible for unknown prints, security recommended
To connect your laptop / desktop to the ESUResNet:
Wireless connect to ESUResNet SSID and open a web browser. Try www.msn.com or other web site and you will be automatically directed to our registration portal. Enter your Student login/password and follow prompts to finish. When your device passes the scan testing, wait for 1 minute for your device to get online.
Wired connect ethernet cable to walljack and open a web browser. Try www.msn.com or other web site and you will be automatically directed to our registration portal. Enter your Student login/password and follow prompts to finish. When your device passes the scan testing, wait 1 minute for your device to get online.
Gaming Consoles , Printers , Echo and Echo Dot , Fitbits and TV Streaming devices (Some Older Vizio TV models are not supported via wireless at this time, try updating your TV firmware or please connect to wall with ethernet cable)
Just leave unit powered ON and either plugged into your room ethernet jack or associated to the ESUResNet SSID wireless. Our new Profiler system will auto-register devices in a few minutes. If after restart, you have no internet access BEFORE you emaill the Help Desk at email@example.com, please follow the instructions to obtain your MAC address (example 00:11:22:33:44:55 ) on your gaming/streaming device from this LINK.
|Resnet Supports most Windows AntiVirus software 2010 or newer||Resnet Supports most Mac-OS-X AntiVirus software 2010 or newer|
|Preferred: Malwarebytes||Preferred: Avira-Mac-Security|
The Supreme Court of the United States considers sharing of material that has a copyright for which you do not own and illegal activity. I am talking about "free" music and movie downloads through peer-2-peer networks. Limewire and Bittorrent are today’s popular programs. Just because you purchase Limewire software does not give you ownership of the materials you are downloading only ownership of the program. The recording and movie industry loves to come after college students for copyright violations.