This new strategic planning site has been created to share information with the campus and community during the planning and implementation process. The process began in June with the creation of a Steering Committee that includes faculty, students, staff, and Council of Trustees members.
Strategic Planning Updates
Please keep your voices loud and strong relative to this process! The strategic plan is a representation of our entire campus community and each of you plays an integral role in its success and our future as an institution.
This is the final draft of the Academic Strategic Plan. The plan is based on over four months of deliberations and input from over 100 faculty. The plan is designed to be a 3 year plan that is aligned with the University Strategic Plan.
ESU's Community Principles
In pursuit of its mission and vision, East Stroudsburg University seeks to adhere to the following principles in both the development of its strategic plan and its ongoing decision-making processes. Used in conjunction with the values outlined above, ESU is committed to:
- Providing quality, affordable academic programs as well as opportunities for lifelong learning, always focusing on student success.
- Sustaining an intellectually challenging environment that identifies and enhances its students’ and the university community members’ talents.
- Creating opportunities for innovation that focus on high impact teaching and learning both inside, and outside, of the classroom.
- Identifying, recruiting, and retaining students representing a multicultural world who by background, motivation, and commitment can benefit from higher education.
- Attracting and retaining a diverse, recognized, and credentialed faculty committed to excellence in teaching and continuing scholarship.
- Attracting and retaining exemplary faculty, staff members, and administrators who accept responsibility and accountability for the personal, professional, educational, and social values espoused by the University.
- Providing leadership, expertise, and service to its local, regional, and global societies.
- Encouraging opportunities for the university community to develop positive, healthy, and holistic lifestyles.
- Serving as a source of cultural and intellectual programs of importance to students and residents of the region.
- Building and maintaining partnerships to enhance opportunities for students, alumni, and the university community.
ESU will be an innovative and entrepreneurial university—educationally, socially, organizationally, and culturally—with an emphasis on quality and collaboration in everything we provide. As a scholarly community, its faculty, students, staff, administrators, and affiliates will be encouraged to be innovative and to explore opportunities that will constantly energize and improve its mission as a learning community of the 21st Century. As a "university without walls," its sense of community will extend well beyond campus boundaries to embrace ESU’s surrounding communities and region to become a model that other organizations will want to emulate.
East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania will provide:
- Challenging and contemporary undergraduate and graduate curricula that engage and equip undergraduate, graduate, and adult students to critically appraise and apply knowledge in their lives and chosen fields of study.
- A scholarly community that promotes diversity and views learning as the university's primary focus.
- Varied opportunities for student and faculty research, creative endeavors, and involvement in public service.
- Leadership and service in the educational, cultural and economic development of the region.
The ESU community is committed to the principles of intellectual integrity, freedom of expression, the fair and equal treatment of all, good citizenship, environmental stewardship, and accountability for our actions and the resources entrusted to us.