The Office of the President will collect all completed application materials no later than Friday, January 16, 2015.
Dr. Ali-Zaidi was a charter member of the Board of Governors and a strong advocate for our universities. Through an endowment with the PASSHE Foundation, he established the award to inspire and honor System students who excel in the pursuit of knowledge. Dr. Ali-Zaidi’s dedication to academic achievement is inspired by the memory of his grandfather, Mir Wilayat Husain.
Each of the fourteen PASSHE universities submits one nominee to the PASSHE chancellor, who then determines the single PASSHE Ali-Zaidi Scholar. Award recipients receive a medallion and $1,000 award.
Undergraduate senior student who will graduate in Spring 2015.
Office of the President
Nomination Packet should consist of the following:
- A nomination letter from the president
- An essay written by the nominee addressing how ESU prepared him/her for the next career step and what that next step will be. (The essay should not exceed two double-spaced pages using 12-point type.)
- The nominee's most recent official transcript (a copy is acceptable-does not have to be certified)
- The nominee's vita or resume
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from university faculty
Criteria for the Award - Each nominee will be evaluated based on the following:
- Outstanding academic performance in the academic major and in other areas of study
- Recognition of scholarship by members of the university faculty
- Participation in extra/co-curricular activities during undergraduate years
- Quality of the nominee's essay