Policies and Procedures
The East Stroudsburg University Accounting team manages and records financial transactions according to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
It is the responsibility of the Accounting team to review, reconcile, and rectify inaccurate transactions affecting the financial position of the University.
The team is responsible for preparing annual financial statements which are audited by an external firm contracted through the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE).
Additional key Accounting responsibilities include:
- Reconcile general ledger accounts on an ongoing basis to ensure that the balances are accurate and reflect true financial transactions.
- Record chargebacks for various University service departments (i.e. cell phones, paper, postage).
- Record cash and non-cash transactions originating in the Student Enrollment Center.
- Contribute financial information to various surveys submitted on behalf of East Stroudsburg University.
- Assist the campus community with questions regarding transactions affecting their cost centers. This also includes transferring expenses as needed.